The Fastest Route to Puerto Rico
- - 99.77% on-time performance
- - 99.5% invoice accuracy
- - 99.76% claim free
- - Fastest inland transit times
- - Most dependable and safest ocean service
- - Multiple southbound sailing departures per week (Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat)
SOUTHBOUND TRANSIT TIMES TO PUERTO RICO
|Atlanta, GA||9-11 Day Service*|
|Birmingham, AL||9-11 Day Service*|
|Charlotte , NC||9-11 Day Service*|
|Dallas, TX||11-13 Day Service*|
|Greenville, SC||10-12 Day Service*|
|Miami, FL||9-11 Day Service*|
|Nashville, TN||10-12 Day Service*|
|New Orleans, LA||10-12 Day Service*|
|Richmond, VA||10-12 Day Service*|
|*9-13 DAYS WORKING DAY DELIVERY|
NORTHBOUND TRANSIT TIMES FROM PUERTO RICO HAVE BEEN IMPROVED BY AN ADDITIONAL DAY - ABSOLUTELY THE FASTEST OCEAN SERVICE AVAILABLE. THERE IS NO CAPACITY ISSUE NORTHBOUND FROM PUERTO RICO.
Day of Southeastern Freight Lines Pick-Up in Puerto Rico
Delivery in United States the Following Week
|New Orleans, LA||Thu||Thu||Thu||Thu||Thu|
- Bill of Lading
Southeastern Freight Lines' Straight / Original Short Form bill of lading or shipper's bill of lading are acceptable.
Required Information on the Bill of Lading
- Shipper's full name, address and phone number.
- Consignee's full name, address and phone number (for arrival notification purposes).
- Commodity description (NMFC item number and classification, weight and cubic measurements (if available)).
- Freight payment terms (prepaid or collect for inland and ocean freight charges).
- Schedule B number, if available (see Terminology section for a description).
- C.O.D. and amount (if applicable).
- "Marine insurance requested" (if applicable) and declare the value
to get additional marine insurance.
- Commercial Invoice
- Written Letter of Authorization Form
Shipper's Export Declaration (S.E.D.)
The U.S. Census Bureau requires that all shippers to Puerto Rico complete a Shipper Export Declaration (SED) for every shipment valued over $2,500.00. The SED information must be entered electronically through the Census Bureau's Automated Export System (AES) online at www.aesdirect.gov. All shippers have two options to insure full compliance to the governmental directive:
The shipper may request for Southeastern to file the SED on their behalf. If this option is selected, the shipper must complete a "Written Letter of Authorization Form" which is available from your SEFL account manager or from our company web site, www.sefl.com. This form will need to be completed only once. Southeastern will keep it on file for all future shipments.
The shipper may file their SED on-line with AESDIRECT at www.aesdirect.gov. If this option is selected, the shipper must provide the corresponding AES transaction number (ITN) on each bill of lading.
If you have any additional questions about needed documentation to Puerto Rico or need further assistance, please contact our Puerto Rico Division associates in Jacksonville who are well-versed on these changes and will be available to assist you.
Southeastern Freight Lines
Puerto Rico Division
3335 N Edgewood Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32254
Puerto Rico has converted to the Sales Tax System used in the states. Shipments are no longer delayed for tax clearance due to the previous Excise Tax System. This provides a dramatic improvement in delivery times.
Additional Service Advantages
Southeastern has selected the finest drivers to provide delivery service in Puerto Rico. They use Dolphin handheld computers, which provide our customers with real-time delivery information. No other LTL carrier in Puerto Rico utilizes this technology.
Imaged Delivery Receipts
Delivery receipts are scanned after delivery and saved electronically so that our customers can review these documents at their convenience. Customers can access these documents through the Document Retrieval section of our web site at www.sefl.com.
Full Container Loads to Puerto Rico
Southeastern is a specialist in the Southeast and Southwest for less-than-truckload service to and from Puerto Rico. In addition, Southeastern provides an outstanding value for large volume shipments to and from Puerto Rico. Southeastern can provide our customers with the best value for full container service. For specific schedules and rate quotations for full container loads, please contact:
Angela Foster or Tanisha Bradwell
Southeastern Freight Lines
Puerto Rico Division
3335 N Edgewood Ave.
Jacksonville, FL 32254
How Are Rates Calculated?
- Inland rates between any U.S. ZIP code and our port facility in Jacksonville are based on commodity and weight size minus discounts. Please refer to Southeastern's rating page on our web site to rate the inland portion of your shipment.
- Ocean rates - Rated by either cubic foot measure or hundred weight measure (whichever is greater)
- Puerto Rico delivery cost - is based on the consignee's location and shipment weight size.
- Documentation fee - $25.00 non-hazardous and $40.00 hazardous
How to Determine the Cubic Feet
- Multiply the length in inches by the width in inches by the height in inches.
- Divide the total by 1,728 inches per cubic foot (12"X12"x12").
- The resulting number is the number of cubic feet in your shipment.
A shipment consisting of 15 cartons of Guitars (Musical Instruments) each carton measures 35" X 20" X 8".
- 35" X 20" X 8" = 5,600 cubic inches.
- 5,600 cubic inches divided by 1,728 cubic inches per cubic foot = 3.24 cubic feet per carton.
- 3.24 cubic feet X 15 cartons = 48.6 or 49 cubic feet for the entire shipment.
Facts about Puerto Rico
- United States Territory (residents are U.S. citizens).
- Location: 1,289 miles Southeast of Jacksonville, FL.
- Population: 3.9 million (2 million in San Juan).
- Language: Spanish and English (bilingual), usually business is conducted in Spanish (Southeastern phones in San Juan- Spanish and English). By conducting business primarily in Spanish, Southeastern shows the commitment to adapt to your customers' needs.
- Currency: The U.S. Dollar
Upcoming 2015 Holidays in Puerto Rico
|January 1||New Year's 2015|
|January 6||Three Kings Day|
|April 3||Good Friday|
|May 25||Memorial Day|
|July 4||Independence Day|
|July 25||PR Constitution Day|
|Sept 7||Labor Day|
|Nov 26, 27||Thanksgiving|
|Dec 24, 25||Christmas|
|January 1||New Year's 2016|
Call Southeastern Freight Lines today to find out more - or to schedule your shipments to and from Puerto Rico.
International Mercantile Center
San Juan, PR 00965
Our hours of operation for our San Juan Service Center are 8AM to 5PM (Atlantic Standard Time). Atlantic Standard Time is the same time as Eastern Daylight Time. Please keep in mind that the mainland United States reverts to Eastern Standard Time between the months of October to April. During that time, Puerto Rico is an hour ahead of the mainland Eastern Standard Time. So, our hours of operation for our San Juan Service Center would still be 8AM to 5PM (Atlantic Standard Time) but would be 7AM to 4PM (Eastern Standard Time).
Terminology for Ocean Shipping to Puerto Rico
C.F. or C.F.T. - Cubic foot (one cubic foot equals 12" X 12" X 12").
Commercial Invoice Value - Value of the goods being shipped.
L.C.L. - Less-Than-Container-Load.
Schedule B Number - is the identifying commodity number for a particular product or good as provided in "Schedule B - Statistical Classification of Domestic and Foreign Commodities Exported from the United States". This code allows the U.S. Government to track and monitor all goods that are imported to and exported from the United States.